Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Little "Camo" Update (27 weeks)

We had another blessed week as our little guy is growing and his heart is functioning normally. Last week we saw the pediatric cardiologist, and the aneurysm is growing proportionately with the heart. This week we visited with the ob and maternal fetal specialist for a growth ultrasound to see how he was coming along. He weighs 2 lb and 6 oz. and measures average in all areas. We also had a consult with a neonatologist for a little more information on what to expect when our son arrives and toured the NICU at Texas Children's.

Hannah is looking forward to the arrival of her baby brother. She loves to rub my tummy (which is growing pretty big) and feel her brother kick. She moved into her official big girl bed or "princess bed," and we moved all the baby furniture to our spare bedroom. We still have a long way to go, but I can imagine what it will ultimately all look like soon. Hannah has been staying active in school, swim lessons, and princess camp. She just finished up her princess camp at her ballet school, and loved every minute. Tonight she twirled all over her room as Cinderella, singing out, "Mommy watch me dance." I cherish and thank God for moments like these.

We continue to pray and ask for prayers for our son's healthy development and heart function. Thank you for all your prayers, cards, and words of encouragement. We are blessed greatly by our friends and family. God has really laid on my heart this week to trust Him through many scriptures. I know "great is thy faithfulness" as he holds our son in his hands.

1 comment:

Our life with 2 P's said...

What great news! I know this baby is a miracle and will continue to amaze us with his greatness. You are always in my prayers and thoughts.

Sorry I haven't called you back. I will call you tomorrow :)

I know Hannah is going to be the best big sister! I can see her now twirling around the house :)