When Hunter was born, he was rushed to the NICU due to his prematurity and left ventricular aneurysm. Within the first day, he was intubated to help him breath, then we moved to a C-PAP for oxygen through the nose, and finally on day four he was breathing all on his on. Currently, he has a small feeding tube, several monitors, and one IR pic line (larger IV that goes through the arm for meds.) (all common for preemie babies) Everyday our little guy makes progress. For the 1st time today, he drank 7ml from a bottle, baby steps towards feeding on his own. As far as the heart, the function looks okay, despite the aneurysm. The cardiologist decided to start him on a couple meds as a precautionary measure, due to the concern for clotting. Over time, they see monitoring through echos and the use of medicines as his primary treatment.
Everyday, I see God's provision and strength through our son as he progresses. We have been so blessed by the outpouring of support through emails, phone calls, and visits. Your prayers are felt on a daily basis too, and we ask for continued prayers for continued positive progress for Hunter.
Below I placed several pictures, showing the progression of steps Hunter has made in just 6 days. Also, you'll see all the firsts, first bath, the first time Keith and I held him, and first bottle.
What a beautiful gift!...and he looks like his Dad for sure. :)
Sometimes I can even catch him smiling...
He's a great sleeper.







3 comments:
What a little miracle!! Baby Hunter is PRECIOUS!! Thanks for sharing all of the pictures. Can't wait to see y'all!!
I'm so glad to hear how well Camo's doing! I love seeing the pictures - Brook has been keeping me updated. We'll be praying for continued progress so he can go home soon!
Oh, little Hunter is so sweet! The pictures brought tears to my eyes. We're praying for you regularly.
Post a Comment